1. New at the World's Best Zoo - Be one of the first to explore the African Grasslands at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Take in 28-acres of breathtaking panoramic views and long vistas teeming with African wildlife.
2. Shop, Eat, Drink, Repeat - A short walk from CenturyLink Center Omaha, the Old Market Entertainment District is buzzing with history and entertainment. Listen to the sounds from street musicians while strolling cobblestone streets lined with shops, pubs, and distinctive Omaha restaurants.
3. Taste the Original - Try the Reuben Sandwich in the city it was created. Yes, it was invented in Omaha – we don’t care what those New Yorkers say. Reuben hot spots are sprinkled throughout the city, so pull up a seat and dig in!
4. Visit 15 Giant Blue Push Pins - We’ve made it easy for visitors to find the fun in Omaha by ‘marking’ 15 top Omaha attractions with giant blue push pins. Each attraction offers year-round, unique experiences that appeal to a wide range of interests. Download the pin map and visit all 15 locations.
6. Join the Great Steak Debate - Where to find the best steak in Omaha is a never ending debate. But one thing we all agree on: a juicy Omaha steak is a must for visitors. Omaha steakhouses have earned a reputation for quality steaks flame-broiled, whiskey-doused and wood fire-grilled to perfection. Come for the games, stay for the steak.
7. Omaha Craft Brew Tour - Beer lovers are invited to meet our makers. Omaha’s craft brew scene is one of the most buzzed about in the beer world. Taste what everyone is talking about, and create your own tour of Omaha’s craft breweries. Go to www.OmahaCraftBrew.com on your mobile device to plan your route. Cheers!
8. Answer the Call of the Wild - Experience the tranquility and serenity of Fontenelle Forest. The peaceful nature center features nearly 2,000 acres of forest, prairie, and wetlands along the Missouri River. Catch glimpses of wild turkeys, deer and other wildlife on your hike.
9. Get the Meat Sweats and Go Home Victorious - Take on the mother of all beef challenges. Throw out the calorie counting and bite into the Stellanator – a massive meat mountain weighing in at 4.5lbs. and 4,900 calories. Few have finished the burger piled high with every possible burger topping (seriously…more people have been to the moon)!
10. Get Your Art On - Interact with Omaha’s public art throughout the city. Pose with larger-than-life jugglers in front of Omaha’s downtown convention center, nearby see one of the country’s largest public murals, and check out the “mouthy” sculpture at Gene Leahy Mall.