Welcome to Holiday Island!
Capture the holiday spirit and celebrate Omaha's gifts while strolling around Holiday Island.
The island in the Gene Leahy Pedestrian Mall will be transformed into Holiday Island, beginning Thanksgiving week, as a gift to all the Omaha visitors, attractions, residents, hotels, restaurants and businesses that make Omaha a great destination. This is the time of year to celebrate all the memorable experiences found in Omaha – so take a stroll around Holiday Island and join in on the party. Be sure to share pics with #OmahaWeekend!
See below for a list of the Holiday Island decorations and how each represent a different experience out-of-towners can enjoy when they visit.
- 20 ft. tall Santa-in-the-box: representing all the visitors who travel to Omaha every year.
- Giraffe with a chef hat: Omaha’s world-class zoo and dining scene.
- Artist’s paint palette: Art museums, galleries and artists that make Omaha a cultural oasis in the plains.
- Baseball glove: Omaha sporting events, from national and world competitions to regional and local tournaments.
- Cello and ballet slippers: Performances, stage productions, performing arts organizations, theaters and venues.
- Poinsettia tree and LEGO Bob: Omaha’s nature scene, from the riverfront and biking trails to the botanical gardens, lakes and city parks.
- Train: Omaha’s history and all of the places dedicated to preserving and sharing it.
- Gingerbread family: The variety of family activities sprinkled throughout the city.
Browse the boxes below and continue exploring Omaha’s experiences.