1. The Cordial Cherry creates delicate works of art out of creamy chocolate and sweet cherries – earning a place on Oprah’s list of favorite things. The sweet boutique is filled wall-to-wall with beautifully handcrafted treats taking on different “personas” (think nativity scenes, bumblebees, baseballs, etc.). Grab a gift box and pick your cherries to create a customized present. Each box is wrapped and adorned with a seasonal sprig.
3. Omaha’s craft beer scene makes every gift buzz-worthy. Pick up a growler of locally produced brew from one of Omaha’s crafty breweries.
4. Featured on The Shark Tank, The View, Today Show, and Rachel Ray, eCreamery churns sixteen flavors of specialty ice cream, gelato and dairy-free sorbet. Create a sweet concoction as unique as the recipient and ship it to their doorstep.
5. Hot Shops Art Center, home of all that is molten, is a creative gift-givers dream come true. Nearly 80 artists offer one-of-a-kind gifts in a variety of artistic fields, like blown glass, jewelry, framed art, pottery, quilts, and woodcarving to name a few. Each piece promises to be an original.
6. Steak is a part of Omaha’s DNA, and no gift list is complete without mention of the carnivorous delight. Omaha Steaks ships marbled slices of decadence to happy meat eaters around the world. Give a cut of genuine Omaha beef any time of year.
7. Give the gift of an Omaha adventure with tickets to one of Omaha’s renowned attractions. Heavy hitters include one of the world’s best zoos, an art deco train depo turned museum, a child’s imagination station, 100 acres of botanical beauty, and more.
8. Simple, sudsy and sustainable, the Benson Soap Mill re-purposes natural and discarded products from Omaha restaurants, coffee shops, and farms to create high quality products. Choose from a variety of hand soaps, bars and bath bombs to freshen up any holiday stocking or gift basket.
9. Nothing says “I care” quite like a Runza, aka “a meal in a bunza.” This long-time Nebraska tradition is a favorite among locals and visitors. The portable meal is masterfully constructed using a pocket of dough and filling it with beef, cabbage, seasonings, and sometimes cheese. Order online and ship a taste of Omaha.
10. Inspired by antique materials, Artifact handcrafts high quality, functional bags, aprons, and accessories.
11. Toast to Omaha (and superior gift giving skills) with a glass of vino produced at Soaring Wings Vineyard & Brewing. Give bottles of award-winning wines and beer to friends and family with a variety of different palates.
12. Always a safe bet for an array of gift-giving needs are quality snack nuts and gourmet coffee. Omaha’s Herman’s Nut House and Pear’s Gourmet Coffee offer each, respectively. Find both at retailers throughout the country.
13. Jalapeno cheese, kettle corn, tutti fruitti, Cajun, parmesan garlic…the list goes on and on at Vic's Corn Popper. The smell of popcorn fills the mind with warm memories of cozy movie nights and laugh-inducing family gatherings. Add a dash of fun flavor and the nostalgic treat is a gourmet gift from Vic’s Corn Popper.
14. Back to meat, Stoysich House of Sausage offers over 140 different sausages all in natural casings. Visitors stock up on quality steaks, roasts, lunch meats and cheeses, and International award-winning hams.
15. Omaha theatrical performances offer high quality production without the high price tag. Omaha’s various stages provide year-round entertainment and include touring Broadway productions, vibrant operatic shows, local talent in the nation’s largest community theater, and more.
16. The Old Market Candy Shop whips up an array of crowd-pleasing chocolate confections including a local-fav, the mud ball. The famed mud ball is a delicious chocolate covered cookie and cream cheese truffle. Pick up a box as a gift but buy a couple for home.
17. At the top of every baseball fan’s bucket list is a trip to Omaha for the NCAA Men’s College World Series. Knock the gift out of the park with tickets to the greatest show on dirt. Each year, the best teams in college baseball travel to Omaha and battle for the championship title. Give the gift of a home run experience.
18. Something sweet from a recipe perfected over 40 years is always a guaranteed thank-you-card-inducing gift. The Lithuanian Bakery’s Napoleonas Torte is a delicious example of such a winning idea. Each torte takes three days to make and features 17 layers of thin wafers, sweet cream and apricot filling. These treats are frozen and shipped all over the country.
19. Honey is known for a variety of health benefits and few celebrate these benefits like local producer, It’s All About Bees. The family-run business has built a reputation on quality honey and bee-based materials. All natural body care products are made from oils butters and, of course, bee products. Other products include bee pollen, salsa, syrup, jelly, fruit butters, and mustard.
20. Internationally known, The Dehner Company produces some of the finest custom-made boots in the world. Specifically known for a variety of riding and stock boots, Dehner handcrafts custom shoes and a variety of other fine leather products.