Omaha Meeting Planner FAQs
Below we answer some of the top questions to help you plan your meeting or event in Omaha. For more information regarding COVID-19 please visit our Reopening Information and Resources page. If you have any additional questions not answered below please contact our sales team.
What is the nearest airport?
What assistance is offered to help plan my meeting?
Which restaurants can accommodate large groups?
What transportation options are available?
Taxis, Ubers and Lyfts are available throughout the city. The majority of Omaha hotels offer complimentary direct shuttle service to and from the airport and within a specific mile radius of their property.Getting Around Omaha
What are the largest hotels surrounding the downtown convention center?
How many hotel rooms are in the Metropolitan Omaha area?
Omaha's metro area offers more than 15,000 rooms.
Does Omaha have a Convention Center?
Yes, CHI Health Center Omaha is located in downtown Omaha and just four (4) miles from Omaha's airport.
CHI Health Center Omaha Quick Facts:
- 346,000 square-feet
- 194,000 square-feet of contiguous exhibition space - divisible into three separate halls.
- 16 Meeting Rooms
- 63,000 square-feet of flexible meeting space.
- 30,996 square-foot grand ballroom - seats more than 2,000 guests
- Additional 42,500 square feet of pre-function space
- Connected via enclosed skywalk to 600-room Hilton Omaha Hotel
- Non-union Facility
Near the convention center, are there ample dining and nightlife options for my attendees?
Yes, CHI Health Center Omaha is a short walk away from Omaha's Historic Old Market Art, Shopping and Dining District, and North Downtown Entertainment District. Both districts offer a sampling of Omaha's unique nightlife including pubs, nightclubs, first-class sporting venues, and nationally recognized concert venues. Your attendees will also enjoy a variety of Omaha dining options, including mouth-watering steaks, chef-inspired menus, and delicacies from around the world. Explore more of Omaha's nightlife and dining.
What are Omaha's top attractions?
Omaha offers a variety of world-class attractions including the
- World's largest indoor desert
- A presidential press train
- A pink marble museum
- The longest pedestrian bridge to link two states
- And more...
What off-site meeting venue options in Omaha are there?
While there are many offsite venues a few include:
- Joslyn Art Museum - This pink marble masterpiece doubles as an elegant off-site meeting venue with five distinctive meeting areas accommodating 50 to 1,400 people.
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium - Imagine meeting as sharks and stingrays circle above. Meeting space can accommodate 20 to 400 people.
- The Durham Museum - This fully restored Art Deco railway station offers several event venues accommodating 200 to 900 people.
- Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha's Botanical Center - 100+ acres of botanical beauty. Venues include a rose garden, model railroad garden, Victorian garden and a banquet area accommodating up to 300 people.
For a complete list of off-site meeting options, go to our off-site venue page.View Off-site Meeting Space