10 Things to Do in Omaha during the Berkshire Hathaway Meeting
While learning from the Oracle of Omaha, we encourage you to explore the city. Here's a list of fun things to do while you're here.
1. Join the Great Steak Debate - A juicy Omaha steak is always highly recommended (by locals, visitors and Mr. Buffett himself). Omaha steakhouses have earned a reputation for quality steaks flame-broiled, whiskey-doused and wood fire-grilled to perfection. Come for the money talk, stay for the steak.
2. Go Bobbing! - Meet Bob, he's one of Omaha’s most eligible bachelors and a larger-than-life personality. The Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge has become quite the character, but don’t take our word for it – follow him on Instagram and Twitter. Take a walk on Bob, and stand in two states at once – take a selfie, and now you’re Bobbing)!
3. Boys Town Open House - Berkshire Hathaway shareholders are invited to explore the world-famous Boys Town. Take guided or self-guided tours of the award-winning Hall of History and Boys Town Visitors Center (home of the world’s largest ball of stamps), and see Father Flanagan’s historic home.
4. Explore Omaha's Sweets Scene - Omaha is ready to make your stay here even sweeter, because every meal deserves dessert. From ice cream and donuts to chocolates and baked goods, Omaha offers plenty of what every sweet tooth craves.
5. Get a New View of the Omaha Zoo - On select days, visitors can enjoy one-of-a-kind backstage tours of Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. See what it takes to run North America's largest indoor rainforest and watch shark feedings at the world’s largest zoo aquarium. It’s a chance to explore one of the world’s best zoos from the inside-out!
6. Answer the Call of the Wild - Experience the tranquility and serenity of Fontenelle Forest. The peaceful nature center boasts nearly 2,000 acres of forest, prairie, and wetlands along the Missouri River. Catch glimpses of wild turkeys, deer and other wildlife on your hike.
7. Taste the Original - Foodies know the value of travel-worthy food, and Omaha gives new meaning to the word “legendary.” Omaha’s menu is filled with dishes that keep foodies friendly and full. The Reuben sandwich was created at Omaha’s Blackstone Hotel in the early 1900s during a high stakes poker game. Since then, Omaha continues to perfect the American classic with Reuben hot spots found throughout the city.
8. Omaha Craft Brew Tour - Shareholders are invited to meet our makers. Omaha’s craft brew scene is one of the most buzzed about in the beer world. Taste what everyone is talking about, and create your own tour of Omaha’s craft breweries. Request a free Omaha Craft Brew Penny Pack and receive Buy 1 Get 1 for a penny craft beer at 12 local breweries. Cheers!
9. Visit Omaha’s Old Market - A short walk from Omaha's convention center and arena, the Old Market is buzzing with history and entertainment. Stroll the cobblestone streets of Omaha’s historic Old Market Entertainment District. Shop unique boutiques for souvenirs, dine in chef-inspired restaurants, have a beer in a friendly neighborhood pub, or enjoy the sounds from the street musicians.
10. Get the Meat Sweats and Go Home Victorious - We started the list with beef and we’ll end it with the mother of all beef challenges. During your Berkshire weekend, there will be no calorie counting allowed. Here's your chance to take down the Stellanator – a massive meat mountain weighing in at 4.5lbs. and 4,900 calories. Piled high with every possible burger topping, few have finished the burger (seriously…more people have been to the moon)!