Amsterdam Falafel & Kabob
Amsterdam Falafel & Kabob is Omaha’s hot spot for European-style street food. This cozy “hole in the wall” is located in the Dundee neighborhood surrounded by other popular foodie spots (check out Dundee Dell, Dario’s Brasserie and Pitch Pizzeria). Enjoy the breezy patio or - since it really is street food - chow down while strolling through the neighborhood. Ordering is even fun, just follow three easy steps and you’re in foodie heaven.
Step 1: Choose your style. How do you want it?
- In a sandwich (grilled flatbread)
- On a bed of leafy greens
- On a plate with hummus
Step 2: Power up with protein. What do you want?
- Falafel’s made with chickpeas soaked overnight, seasoned, put through a meat grinder, and fried to crispy perfection.
- Döner Kabob, a mix of beef and lamb.
Step 3: Get saucy. How do you want to finish it?
- Pick from a variety of sauces including garlic, herb, spicy green or spicy red.
Step 3a: Flank it. What do you want with it?
- Add on fan favorites such as curry fries or creamy hummus.
See? It’s easy and delicious. You can opt for a healthy version or go full-out-vacation-fare-don’t-care mode! Get comfy and watch the above Now Serving Omaha webisode featuring Amsterdam Falafel & Kabob. Click below for restaurant details, Yelp reviews, and to get social with Amsterdam.